Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: QA Test Engineer - Integrated Circuit Physical Design Tools
Job Reference #: 265495
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Parasitic extraction is a process for identifying electrical side effects of both devices and the wiring interconnects of the devices in an integrated circuit. We are looking for an innovative software quality assurance engineer to join the team responsible for verification of Calibre’s parasitic extraction product suite. These products deliver accurate parasitic data for comprehensive post-layout analysis and simulation of integrated circuit designs
You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. You will own the design, development, and execution of application specific functional and regression tests used to measure the quality, robustness, performance, supportability, and usefulness of extraction products in our customer's semiconductor flows. You will collaborate with senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customers to help deliver timely product releases that meet our customer’s needs. Through leadership and innovation, break away from conventional thinking and develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA process and assist developers in design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments. You will have to think both like an electrical engineer and a software engineer.
This job requires you to make immediate contributions to the team. The candidate should have strong electrical engineering skills and software engineering and testing abilities. The ideal candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- An innate desire to learn new things and quickly assimilate knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with solid interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work on assignments independently or with small teams
- Eagerness to break software and a curiosity of how things work
- Proven experience in working with customers and mentoring junior engineers
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 3 years in SW Quality Assurance with solid programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of IC physical design, layout, and verification processes
- Extensive Linux or Unix operating system experience
- Shell Scripting experience (e.g., bash, ksh, csh)
- Familiar with using defect tracking systems
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Practical experience with source code control tools (e.g., GIT, Perforce, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Knowledge of IC manufacturing process flows
- Exposure to CAD/CAE environments such as:
- EDA verification tools like DRC, LVS, Parasitic Extraction, and netlisting tools
- EDA full custom layout tools/place and route tools
- Experience developing or testing products written in an object oriented language
- Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them will go far towards contributing to your success.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.