Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More
than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around
the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every
day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and
molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Technical Support Technician 2 (TST2) – Guardian and Proactive Services - Magnetic Resonance (MR): This Support Technician will support our mission of becoming recognized as the most proactive brand in the industry by remotely monitoring customer systems covered by Guardian contracts for potential service events and by clarifying proactive events triggered by PROA processes that identify systems that are likely to experience a service event in the near future. The successful candidate will also support on-line customer experiences that may eliminate travel and reduce our environmental impact.
- You will follow existing processes to maintain internet connectivity to our installed base of Guardian and service contract customers.
- You will remotely monitor systems covered by Guardian to act on potential alerts or events in real time to improve our ability to take corrective actions that eliminate or reduce negative customer impact.
- You will review proactive events generated by systems under service contract to identify root cause and recommend corrective action.
- You will contact customers as needed to support the clarification process and to fulfill service level response deliverables as part of our service contract offerings.
- You will collaborate with the factory to increase opportunities to recognize useful trends are patterns that can lead to cost-effective actions to reduce unplanned downtime.
- You will implement processes to ensure field team members are efficiently dispatched along with tooling and parts to perform proactive repairs and maintenance before they impact the customer.
- You will follow escalation processes to ensure proactive action plans are completed in a timely manner that matches the urgency of the trend or potential impact to the customer.
- You will help management measure impacts of existing and new proactive events on overall labor and material costs and business outcomes.
- You will coordinate communication with stakeholders to promote adoption and shift toward proactive processes.
- You will complete administrative tasks and other duties assigned by manager in a timely manner or according to employee guidelines.
- You will also support other MR Support functions such as the MAX Magnet and MR Cooling (Chiller) TSE teams.
- You will be working in 2nd shift or in rotational shift as required to provide necessary coverage
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as customer service engineer, installation engineer, or technical support technician for MR systems
- Associate degree or equivalent education/experience
- Experience in CT or NM products
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SAP Knowledge or experience.
- Knowledge of cooling or refrigeration systems.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.