Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to work in a team that is creating cloud-based solutions to provide insights into ‘smart’ buildings and their underlying control systems. You will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products and solutions to support the service segment of the commercial HVAC market. Your creativity in finding software solutions to a diverse set of business challenges can change our industry!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Analysis, design, and implementation of AWS Cloud-based services
- Implementation of unit tests and infrastructure deployment templates for your code
- Documentation of design and code
- Participation in scrum events – daily stand-up, sprint review, demo, retrospective
- Communicating with product management and team members from other teams about interfaces and dependencies
- Coordination of development team activities and results
- Possess strong working knowledge and demonstrated practical experience applying the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Use of multiple AWS 'Platform' (vs. Infrastructure) services to create solutions
- AWS Serverless - Solution design and implementation through AWS Lambda functions of medium to high complexity
- Web Services - Create back-end services exposing REST and GraphQL APIs
- js - Server-side development and package management
- Docker - Solution implementation using orchestrated containers
- OAuth2, Auth0, secure coding - Good understanding and integration of multiple authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
- Typically, 5-10 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Demonstrated competency implementing solutions with the following technologies:
- TypeScript, .NET Core, and Java programming languages
- Deployment through IAC mechanisms, such as AWS CloudFormation and CDK
- Full-Stack development
- Graph, Time-series, and NoSQL database development.
- Streaming Data processing.
- Experience transferring data between remote embedded devices and the cloud (IoT)
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree
- Applicable AWS Certifications
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.