>>THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN ANY MAJOR US CITY<<
What you will do for Smart Infrastructure:
This individual would lead Mechanical Services business development activities for their assigned territory in the United States by uncovering and developing sales opportunities through relationships with Branch Account Executives and key end user personnel. This role will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Services and will be based in any city in the US, preferably in a major metropolitan area.
Working with sales resources throughout the Zones and Branches, this individual is expected to generate and manage a large number of highly qualified opportunities Mechanical services opportunities with a focus on Design Build mechanical Projects and New Smart Mechanical Service Agreements combining mechanical services, digital services and energy services. This individual will help ensure assigned field resources handle technical and proposal responsibilities. This individual will focus on developing the mechanical sales skills in Branch salespeople necessary for the profitable growth of the mechanical services business. This individual shall be experienced in mechanical services including design build projects and large mechanical maintenance agreements. The position shall work to favorably position Region Americas (RAM) as a preferred provider of mechanical services and turnkey solutions
- Provide expert mechanical services knowledge to guide and manage regional and Branch sales teams
- Define regional go to market plans for RAM in collaboration with other mechanical sales resources and take active role in on-site training, customer site visits, end-user presentations, etc.
- Support the Sales Executives /Account Managers to respond to qualified opportunities in a timely and knowledgeable manner. Training (on-site, webinar) will be a key component of this effort.
- Allow RAM to increase its visibility and attain a leadership position image with the end user community by visiting and maintaining relationships with target entities though-out assigned territory
- Develop business opportunities and generate significant incremental sales volume. This will be via building end-user relations, as well as presenting several offerings and initiatives.
- Develop projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through technical and value differentiation against competitors
- Supports Branch sales and Zone management with face-to-face strategic planning, in depth account plans and forecasting as a part of the Mechanical Branch Business Planning process
- Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemen’s participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include automation, Energy Services, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products.
- Maintains technical competence of available products, applications and services by direct interaction with preferred vendors, training events, national conference training sessions, etc.
- Represents Siemens by participating in national industry associations, professional organization and affiliations, as well as those located within their respective geography
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval ratings and to create outstanding customer value. This would be achieved by follow-up visits to the site as well as face to face meetings with all parties involved.
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam require. BS/BA in related discipline preferred. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Five to ten years’ experience and successful sales in mechanical services required
- Required travel: 50 - 75%
- General Computer skills required
- This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates a competent knowledge of Chilled water, Hot water and direct expansion mechanical systems
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the U.S. without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Preferred education Bachelor’s degree
- Past experience with Mechanical Service Business Financials
- Understanding of the operation of a mechanical service business
- Experience in public speak or in training large groups
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.