Your new role as Research Scientist for Industry-grade Communication & Real-Time Networking (m/f/diverse)
Our central research and development unit, Technology (Siemens Technology) plays an important role as strategic partner to all Siemens’ operative units. We also help business units discover new business ideas and develop them into software solutions and successful products. Our research results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. Moreover, the team pursues government funding opportunities, often in collaboration with top academic partners.
Ubiquitous Connectivity is the basic ingredient for digitalization. Industrial connectivity solutions are quite often characterized by serving high demanding requirements. Intensive research is required to make sure that these requirements can be fulfilled, especially making use of virtualization and softwareization. At the same time ease of use for innovative technical solutions has to be assured.
Your chance: Become part of the Industrial Networks Research Group, a highly motivated team of connectivity experts, and push forward leading edge communication technologies.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- High responsibility in shaping and driving research activities in the context of industrial connectivity, with focus on programmable networks, network management and control, orchestration of heterogenous networks, and constrained-latency and reliable communication.
- Close interaction and cooperation with researchers of many different domains and with all Siemens businesses: Digital Industry, Smart Infrastructure, Mobility, Healthineers, Energy.
- Researching novel connectivity designs, generating intellectual property, and realizing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Definition, setup, and contribution to German and European funded research projects
- Selection and supervision of students and PhD students
The skills you bring to move the world forward.
- Deep technological expertise in (industrial) communication and networking technologies, novel connectivity approaches, such as Time Sensitive Networking, detnet, software defined techniques.
- Ph.D or several years of research experience in the domain of network communications
- Intensive Hands-on experience with communication solutions with a focus on real-time and deterministic behavior, as well as with linux-based systems.
- Software engineering, testing, and integration experience in (non-)production setups
- Good knowledge of at least one system language (e.g., C, C++, and/or Java) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Preferably experience in setting up and executing publicly funded R&D projects accompanied by a strong own network in the research community
- Good overview on trends, external markets, and developments in the area of connectivity, edge- and cloud-based technologies and solutions
- An additional background in security aspects or AI/ML techniques are highly appreciated.
- Very good communication skills (fluent in written and spoken English) and comfortable to operate in teams.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers (http://www.siemens.com/careers) - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time