Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
"Are you ready to manage portfolio for Energy Performance Services - Asset Management and Operations and create a platform with online tools, processes, and procedures that optimize digital services?"
We’re hiring a Portfolio Manager to join our growing Regional Services and Solutions team. You will be responsible for supporting Energy Performance Services with Portfolio topics focused on Asset Management and Operations Management of DES (Distributed Energy Systems) projects. EPS/DES projects focus on technologies such as solar PV, battery energy storage, electrical vehicle charging, microgrid applications, and small power generation systems. The objective of this central function position is to provide Asset Managers and the Operations Manager support with a platform comprised of online tools, standardized processes and procedures, and training that allow them to deliver digital services and execute projects. The position will report to the SSP EPS Head and coordinate activities with other SSP Portfolio Managers.
- Primary focus will be working with EPS/DES Asset Management and Operations Management to identify business process and tools to deliver projects, O&M services, and digital services for DES projects
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal IT teams and 3rd Party solution providers to specify and develop a functional Asset Management and Operations Management platform
- Develop and maintain training, documentation for processes, online tools, and platform management
- Provide reporting and portfolio status for HQ global initiatives
- Coordinate activities and initiatives with other SSP Portfolio Managers
- BS in related discipline or advanced degree required. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Minimum of the following experience in these areas with focus on PV, BESS, EV, microgrids:
- 5+ years engineering distributed energy or power generation projects
- 5+ years managing operations for engineering or project management
- 5+ years relevant product management or program management
- 3+ years managing commercial or utility scale renewable or thermal generation assets
- Industry/business acumen (5+ years)
- Work experience (10 years)
- Demonstrated knowledge of photovoltaic power plants, battery energy storage systems, microgrid controls and design, electrical vehicle charging systems, fuel cells, and distributed energy system design
- Willingness to travel as necessary to support business needs (approximately 5 -10%)
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related discipline
- Asset Management and or Operations Management experience
- Skills or expertise with database development, Microsoft Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Dynamics
- Advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Visio, Project
- Experience with using or specifying CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
- i.e. Planon, Infor, Power Factors, QOS, emaint, arbox, etc.
- Experience with IT solutions architecture
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.