Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will take the technical responsibility for the mass roll-outs of engineering activities in ETCS L1/L2 applications as part of large-scale customer projects within time, budget and quality framework.
- You will execute SW engineering and review of ETCS L1/L2 with special and general engineering tools.
· For ETCS L1/L2 application projects, derivation of the ETCS subsystem requirements from the System/Project requirements and preparation of suitable documents including preparation/review of the baselines, specifications, interface documents, project documents and ETCS engineering data.
· Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes for ETCS engineering.
· Proven competence in Requirements Management, Requirements Engineering, Document Management, Change and Configuration Management.
- You will also be responsible for supporting:
- commissioning of the functionality of all trackside components in laboratory and field
- customer clarification to fulfill system(sub) requirements
- trainings on ETCS and support both internally and at other locations
- You are familiar with CENELEC standards and processes (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129), railway signaling and design engineering.
- Self-motivated and passionate to work in complex international projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You have Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronics engineering with railways specific specialization
- Extensive professional experience (5 to 8 years) in railway transportation systems, ideally in the rail systems business.
- Must have performed hands on design engineering/review activities for ETCS L1/L2 trackside for at least 5 years.
- Extensive technical knowledge on ETCS L1/L2 operation scenario, national values, terminology and packets/telegrams.
- Extensive knowledge of various ETCS Subsets and UNISIG baseline 2/3.
- Knowledge with national train protection system (NTP) and STM is preferrable.
- Knowledge of GSM-R/LTE principle for ETCS L2.
- You have experience in reading and understanding technical requirements to generate design documentation.
- You have interest in working with different software tools to implement project specific ETCS data and Subsystem documentation.
- Your knowledge of engineering processes and communication skills to interface different departments will be important.
- Knowledge of Test management, Validation Principles and RAMS Management as per EN norms.
- Tools experience with DOORS, ClearQuest, SAP PLM, SAP ARGOS.
- You are willing to work as team member in international projects.
- Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of Spanish language will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time