Based in Cambridge UK, we are a small team of creative problem solvers, strong in maths and visual thinking. Our goal is to make Computer Aided Design easy and enjoyable, through our development of Siemens’ Synchronous Technology – which adds intelligence to 3D modelling. We enjoy our work because of the substantial technical and creative challenges and because of its visual and spatial nature.
We are tasked with developing new solutions and given the time to innovate. We believe that innovation is incremental, experimental and team based. We take time to protect our intellectual property and have 27 patents filed and 12 granted to date, and we were named among the Siemens Inventors of the year 2015.
We get great satisfaction and visibility from working in ‘verticals’, where each individual enjoys full participation in the top to bottom design and implementation of a project, while discussing and solving problems as a team. We also work collaboratively with other teams both here in Cambridge and around the globe.
We have a relaxed and flexible working atmosphere and a culture of mutual respect and shared responsibility for getting the job done. Our modern office is centrally-based with good public transport links, and benefits from a range of social activities for the 200 employees who work here.How about you ?
- Are you are an enthusiastic person with a strong degree (in Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Science, Engineering etc) ?
- Do you enjoy creative problem solving and writing code ?
- Are you a clear visual problem solver with good written and verbal communication skills ?
- Do you have a desire to design and write new and interesting code as part of a friendly team ?
- Are you just starting out or interested in a change ?
- then let’s talk!
- Depending on your career stage, indicative or useful experience might also include:
- Software development processes from design through to coding and testing.
- Deeper knowledge and experience of any particular programming languages.
- Maths, Algorithm design, Geometry, Graphics, CAD, Geometric modelling, Artificial intelligence, Scientific software
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Our Digital Factory division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to our industrial customers in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time