Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability, and internationality for more than 165 years.
Global Marketing Manager – Grid Digital Twin
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
Siemens is the market leader in energy automation, grid control and simulation. Building on this strong position, we are creating a new digital offering of software products, that connect the OT with the IT world. This digital offering helps our clients manage the fast-paced energy transition that is occurring through new digital twin applications.
The role will be part of our Grid Digital Twin incubator that leads the development of this new innovative portfolio and launches new products into the market. This agile and global team shapes the Siemens role in the evolving and dynamic market of IoT for electric utilities. The team combines a start-up mentality and decision-making velocity with the capabilities and resources of a globally leading company.
We are seeking a confident and self-motivated marketing professional to be a key contributor to the growth of our new digital twin portfolio for electrical grid operators. This position plays a critical role in exceeding Siemens’ goals of accelerating growth in this market segment by leveraging top notch digital marketing tactics and by collaborating on new go-to-market & business development strategies.
This is a role well suited for an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
The global Marketing Manager will report to the global Head of the Digital Twin Incubator and work closely with marketing, sales and product management teams around the world. The global Marketing Manager will be responsible for positioning, content production, concept development and execution of global marketing activities for this new Software portfolio.
Key tasks include:
- Developing positioning and transforming technical input into relevant, customer-value driven marketing content (“creative mind”) with a strong emphasis on out-of-the box thinking, creative writing and thought leader skills.
- Responsibility for the development and creation of the positioning and marketing content for the new products and services being created by the Grid Digital Twin team.
- Development of thought leader content regarding the energy transition, the rise of renewables, sustainability through digitization, resilience through distributed generation and the transformation towards DERs as supply resources.
- Turn technical input into claims, messages, storylines etc.
- Guiding, steering, and governing the execution of marketing communication measures in close cooperation with incubator team lead, sales, and product line manager.
- Develop, implement, and measure a complete marketing and communications program and strategy that effectively drives identified business initiatives.
- Drive content development to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations.
- Consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines; apply relevant governance standards, policies and procedures and insure consistency, quality, and transparency of communications.
- Monitor and manage budget as designated.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, stand-alone or together with marketing agencies
- Consulting and coaching of the incubator teams, management and sales employees about go-to-market strategies, tactics, marketing content, and messaging.
Requirements with a proven track record in the following areas:
- Degree in Marketing or Product Management with several years of related experience with technology products
- Proven communications skills with a demonstrated ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, strategic planning, demand generation campaign development and execution, meetings management, and communications effectiveness measurement.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated expressive writing style and fluent in English language.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Experience with social media tools and digital marketing and communications platforms
- Openness and creativity regarding new ways and approaches to marketing in the arena of Digitalization.
- Experience in marketing in B2B business, preferably enterprise software business, business IT or energy industry sector.
- Proven track record in development and production of marketing content in English language and in executing marketing projects in the B2B industry
- Experience in copywrite process and procedures.
- Integration into global team requires flexibility to work across time zones, often in early hours (Central European time zone).
- BA degree in marketing/communications, with focus on marketing. Applications with other qualifications, with proven track record and experience in the above-mentioned fields will be considered.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.