Performance Assurance Specialist – Smart Buildings/Energy Performance
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position manages the guarantee risk and monitors improved operating costs at customer facilities against the pre-existing baseline condition. You will track facility guarantee savings and risks, monitor operating costs, and report results to customers while providing support and resolving customer issues.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an engineer, or similar, with expertise in building energy monitoring and analytics to join our Energy Performance Services team (EPS) in support of our Distributed Energy Systems (DES) and Building Performance & Sustainability (BPS) portfolios. This Performance Assurance Specialist will be a member of our centralized Performance Assurance Team and will be responsible for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy savings for regional and national accounts. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of building HVAC and automation systems, remote metering, data analytics, and technical communication.
- Perform Measurement and Verification (M&V) activities including data collection, analysis, and reporting of energy and cost savings relative to an annual guarantee.
- Generate and deliver performance assurance reports to our customers for performance contracting projects. Address basic customer questions regarding the reports.
- Maintain all performance assurance records on guaranteed projects.
- Assist Energy Engineers during the preliminary energy assessment to gather the baseline data and utility information.
- Gather essential information and submit required documentation to obtain utility rebates for our customers.
- Monitor critical HVAC and mechanical equipment points, utility meters, and energy monitoring systems. Conduct periodic plug-load audits, request utility records, and maintain customer facility profiles.
- Work with Energy Engineers to adjust and fine tune the customer’s building systems and maintain energy savings. Initiate action plans for problem resolution.
- Follow energy International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standards and local energy service and solutions quality management system processes and procedures.
- Track and review energy technical support program (TSP) estimates and actual costs to meet contractual obligations.
- Leverage NavigatorTM, Siemens energy monitoring and data analytics platform, to provide automated, cloud-based analysis, detection, and reporting of savings results for customer sites.
- Perform customer training with field employees responsible for performance contracting.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology or other similar technical field required.
- Energy industry experience in performance contracting; 3+ years preferred
- Strong analytic and statistical ability with strong working knowledge of standard energy calculations and models.
- Working knowledge of lighting, electrical, HVAC, and automation systems for commercial buildings
- Knowledge of International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standards, Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) standards, and familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 14
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional Engineer certifications are preferred
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, and/or building commissioning preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Additional preferred qualifications:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, SQL, or similar database applications
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, and/or building commissioning
- Familiarity with Fault Detection and Data Analytics
- Experience in Remote Energy Monitoring
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- 5% travel required
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.