- Representation of the department in the technical review of designs for next generation products and product designs.
- Execution of technical demand, markets and suppliers analyses to create a decision basis for the optimum sourcing strategy from a technical perspective, as well as bring new suppliers, product derivatives and product innovations into the company.
- Organization, implementation, controlling and monitoring of all procurement engineering activities in a specific material field. Definition and realization of local procurement strategies to ensure long-term, cost-effective and reliable supply of materials in alignment with division and global strategies;
- Definition of concepts for risk and technical management to avoid supplier and supply chain risk and warranty costs;
- Analysis of material cost breakdowns and assessment of their competitiveness with strategic sourcing experience;
- Preparation and execution of technical roadmaps to contribute to the technical capabilities of the company.
- Support of local and global material pooling activities;
- Undertaking of supplier management (selection, qualification, evaluation, auditing and development) to gain the best suppliers and guarantee an optimum supply chain. Assess and development of suppliers from the technological standpoint, jointly with internal customers, in order to concentrate on the best suppliers;
- Active involvement in the product development / manufacturing process as well as initiation and pushing forward cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions;
- Interdisciplinary working group/project work to inform oneself, exert influence and optimize internal processes and procedures. Close and frequent cooperation, communication with other Siemens Locations worldwide, especially in Germany. Drive common agreed activities with the factory and also globally.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement engineering functions; experience in other functions and leadership roles is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, is required; Master Degree is an advantage
- Very good command of English
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Knowledge of contract law
- Change orientation, customer focus and good communication skills are required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.