Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Objective of the position:
Ensuring the highest standards in engineering supporting the solution business of Siemens Ltd. worldwide. Should be a phenomenal teammate to engage in a fruitful collaboration with the business partners. Supporting international projects in the regions and on site in a self-reliant style.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review contract and seek clarifications
- Develop engineering concepts and schemes, seek approval from customer
- Preparation database for the project from customer documents.
- Prepare engineering drawings & documents, guide and monitor junior colleague, ensure correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer specifications, interface with customers / consultants/ internal departments for technical discussions & approvals, report progress (including risks) and key issues to superiors to meet project engineering schedules / milestones
- Prepare system integration procedure, obtain approvals, supervise & conduct system integration tests / FAT in line with the procedure, review results to ensure that the delivered system meets the required project specifications.
- Technical support to execution group during techno- commercial negotiations and offer preparation to achieve cost effective solutions & timely execution of the project.
- Conducting training of client, in- house engineers in order to maintain the system properly, to reduce engineering and commissioning time and to induce the customer confidence in the system.
- Standardization of Engineering and Commissioning processes in order to reduce engineering and commissioning cycles, to minimize the non-conformance cost (internal & external) and to achieve process maturity.
- Ready to travel engineering and commissioning site in India and abroad.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Education: BE/B.Tech in Instrumentation/Electronics/ENTC and allied branches.
- 4-12 years’ experience in engineering and commissioning of PCS7 system.
- Candidates with advance trainings certificate of Siemen DCS/PLC/SCADA/Instrumentation or such certificates from other automation vendor (manufacturer) company will be preferable.
- SCADA Systems: Simatic S7, TIA & WinCC engineering, testing, and commissioning expertise is preferable.
- Engineering tools knowledge: PCS7 Plant Automation Accelerator, COMOS is preferable.
- Preferably, good experience on communication protocols like MODBUS, Profibus, Profinet, HART, Ethernet, OPC etc.
- Knowledge of communication interfaces like MPI, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet TCP/IP
- OSI PI Historian knowledge & experience will have preference.
- Knowledge of safety system (Fail safe system)
- Power plant knowledge will be preferable.
- Excellent English language skills. Knowledge of foreign languages e.g. German, Spanish, French will have added advantage.
- Good self-integration in international project teams. Easy adaption of European US and/or Middle east working styles. Social integration in the Host Countries. Self-challenging working style, taking ownership and solution oriented.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time