Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
The Project Manager for local projects is the responsible for executing the project in compliance with the given requirements focus on the Cataluña market.
Have the objective to ensure project success, customer satisfaction and professional stakeholder management.
Area of Responsibilities
• Acquisition and contract negotiation
• Project organization and management
• Project controlling and project reporting
• Contract management incl. claim management
• Stakeholder management
• Opportunity and risk management
• Organization and management of project team
• Communication and knowledge management
• Compliance within the Project
• HR Management
Acquisition and order negotiation
• Participation in the sales / project initiation phase, by analyzing customer requirements and checking their technical feasibility and transferability into a bid or project cost plan
• Carry out or attend contract negotiations
• Ensure the use of Siemens products, where available and applicable
• Ensure compliance with the corresponding LoA process, where applicable
• Check the project costing for financial efficiency
• Involve the corresponding partners in the sales / project initiation phase
Project organization and management
• Ensure that the order entry calculation is done and documented
• Ensure that all plan elements (e.g. system structure, WBS, etc.) are taken into account in the sales / project initiation phase
• Handle all PM@Siemens-related plan elements and milestone results according to the project category
• Prepare and maintain the Siemens project management plan
• Manage the project within the defined financial targets (budget, target costing, target profit)
• Prepare the project manager target agreement
• Optimize project profitability and ensuring business success
• Implement procedures to resolve questions and problems (identification, analysis, measures and monitoring) with all relevant internal and external partners
• Involve Procurement at an early stage in line with the applicable Siemens procurement guidelines
• Plan the procurement strategy (in local Procurement entity) with the business manager and procurement department of the respective organizational units
• Ensure that all procurement activities comply with the applicable processes and regulations
• Select subcontractors / partners
• Select and involve subcontractors / partners in accordance with the defined criteria
• Monitor the performance of subcontractors / partners, escalate issues in good time (e.g. quality defects or problems in cooperation) and initiate appropriate measures in good time in the event of any non-conformities
• Initiate invoicing in accordance with project progress
• Organize acceptance testing and project handover to contracted partner(s)
• Define procedures and requirements for quality management (audits, quality seals, acceptance tests) in accordance with the applicable quality management regulations and standards
• Manage regular project review meetings and organize the milestone prerequisites
• Manage the acceptance of supplies and services, subject to quality checks
• Document all work results in line with the applicable standards
Project controlling and reporting
• Optimize the project cash flow and assets
• Ensure the regular controlling of finances and regular reporting on finances
• Ensure compliance with the IFRS (International Finance and Reporting Standards)
• Continuously monitor project status, taking the IFRS into consideration, identify any non-conformities in good time and initiate specific counter measures where applicable
• Identify and minimize non-compliance costs
• Notify customers, management and the project team at an early stage in the event of any non-conformities
Contract management incl. claim management
• Focus on the spanish market projects
• Identify, drive, defend and reduce claims in good time
• Fulfill the contract and close the project in accordance with contractual and in-house regulations
• Negotiate with subcontractors / partners on the basis of defined requirements and enter into compensation agreements according to the customer contract
• Define and agree the strategy to enforce / reduce / defend claims with stakeholders
• Involve the project team in the process of identifying changes and claims
• Evaluate contracts for claim relevance, ensure that they are checked by legal experts
• Implement the strategy to enforce / reduce claims
• Ensure efficient communication with all stakeholders
• Negotiate with stakeholders on requests for changes and incorporate them into contracts
• Elaborate and implement strategies to strengthen customer relations and market position
• Actively collect information on the customer and customer requirements / goals
• Involve the customer in decision-making and provide information to customers on a regular basis
Opportunity and risk management
• Identify and assess all risk factors using the available risk assessment tools throughout the project
• Ensure that the results of risk surveys and compliance risk surveys are duly taken into consideration in contracts and calculations
• Elaborate suitable strategies for minimizing (eliminating, reducing) risks
• Ensure that all risks are identified and monitored (including Compliance)
• Identify opportunities for further business with the partner(s)
• Work together with line experts to exploit opportunities
• Communicate with internal contacts across organizational borders on opportunities for further improvements
• Identify / create additional opportunities from ongoing projects
• Ensure that risks are monitored in all project phases
• Identify, assess and implement all opportunities to improve results throughout the project
• Assess risks with respect to their impact on organizational units, define measures and ensure escalation in good time
Experience & Knowledge required.
Comprehensive (deep and broad) professional know-how and experience in railway projects.
At least 5 years of experience in railway signaling company as a Project Manager.
Advance technical knowledge of I/L, ERTMS, and Centralized Traffic Control systems. Main line and mass transit systems with different grades of automation
Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
B2 spoken and written English
Soft Skills, Competences
Systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems. Demonstrates high professional judgement competence.
Impact on results in larger organization.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.