Siemens Industry is looking for a Production Supervisor for our Southaven, MS facility located outside of Memphis, TN. Our growing facility has over 250 employees that distributes electrical products to retail, distributors, and home consumers. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly packaging workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. The base shift is 1st Shift 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. M-F; however, will support all three shifts of the operations and will require a flexible schedule. This position will be supervising 15-20 hourly workers, with potential weekends.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive initiatives to reduce production errors, improve quality and increase productivity
- Adhere to production schedule, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring
progress, resolving line constraint problems, and reporting results through shift production summaries
- Plan, oversee and document training of personnel
- Conduct annual employee performance reviews
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and
- Work with Buyers, Planners, Schedulers
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Support digitalization efforts to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays,
Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected tools
What you will need:
1. 2+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing or related field in a supervisor role.
2. Mechanical Aptitude with experience using hand tools
3. Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
4. Project Management Experience
5. Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
6. Able to interpret BOM’s and production orders.
7. Strong leadership and time management experience.
8. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, talent development and performance management.
9. Experience collaborating and team building with different internal organizations and locations.
10. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
11. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
What will put you ahead of teh pack:
1. Experience with SAP or similar MRP system.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.