Engineering Student Internship
Location: Livonia, MI
Start Date: Sept/Oct 2021
Hours: Full-time preferred (open to Part time)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
This is a temporary Intern position to support ongoing Engineering Services Projects in the Engineering and Consulting Services team. The intern will work on innovation topics related to Electrification and Autonomous Machines to assist project team on various tasks related to modeling, simulation and control design activities in Amesim and MATLAB. The position also involves coding in MATLAB, Python and C for these applications.
In this position, you will get the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the project engineer and developing a solution jointly with the team.
- Implement the solution with models and code (as
appropriate). This will include:
- Developing the model of the physical system and its controller using a combination of tools such as Amesim, MATLAB and Simulink
- Developing Machine Learning algorithms using the simulation and test data
- Perform simulation-based analysis to improve system behavior.
- Document the implementation and results.
- Present the approach and the solution to the project team.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s or PhD in an engineering or physics discipline
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Graduating in 2022 or later
- Knowledge and some experience in using simulation tools such as MATLAB, Simulink and Amesim
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python, and C
- Interests and experience in Machine Learning and Data Analytics techniques
- Preferred: experience in automotive domain and ADAS & Autonomous applications would be a plus
- Collaborative and a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to complete projects with limited supervision and able to take ownership
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.