Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
The Siemens Mobility Customer Service business seeks to hire a driven Director of Warehouse Logistics for our facility in New Castle, DE, where we maintain our Rail Car Rolling Stock (Light Rail Vehicles, Electric & Diesel Locomotives, and Passenger Coaches). Due to continued growth, we are adding this dynamic and strategic role to our organization. You will proactively coordinate overall warehouse activities with all departments and support functions to meet service level quality, visibility, throughput, and continuous improvement targets and manage your team of 7-10 direct reports.What you will be doing:
- Maximize warehouse efficiency through effective processes and excellent training - ensuring that safety is the top priority for all employees and managers.
- Improve efficiency in operations by presenting material on time to the work order start date, in a ready-to-use, well-organized, and undamaged state.
- Lead all aspects of warehouse operations, including receiving, put away, cycle counting, picking, kitting consolidation, and material delivery. Completed timely and orderly delivery of material is of paramount importance.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive Warehouse strategy that supports maximum material availability to coincide with work order start dates.
- Design and implement packaging standards for all suppliers to minimize damage and improve internal material handling.
- Ensure available space is utilized as effectively as possible through appropriate storage devices, racking configuration, and effective slotting strategies. Drive Continuous Improvement and optimize space, processes, and system usage.
- Maintain appropriate KPIs and demonstrate productivity improvements in all warehouse activities through process improvement and infrastructure enhancements.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and an effective cycle count program, including identifying root cause issues and implementing required improvements.
- Forecast future workload requirements and ensure we understand, plan and attain appropriate staffing levels and space requirements.
- Develop and present capital expense plan to support future business needs.
- Work closely with operational purchasing and logistics to handle incoming material load and work order releases from production.
- Mentor and develop managers and team members through regular performance dialog and performance reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, supply chain or related discipline, or equivalent.
- 10 years of proven experience in warehouse or distribution management handling large capital equipment or project environment. Similar background with demonstrably transferable skill sets will be considered.
- Strong MRP knowledge and experience
Advanced experience with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Lean or Continuous Improvement certification
- Capable of developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic approach for all warehouse operations.
- Strong background in SAP WM
- Rail Industry Experience
- APICS certification
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Director of Warehouse Logistics, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.