Siemens Rail Infrastructure
Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways worldwide and industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to craft the technology of the future. Build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In this role, you will handle the financial analysis functions for the Marion, KY manufacturing facility, but we have the flexibility to have you sit in either Louisville or Marion. In addition, you will develop, lead, and control operating budgets and forecasts, working directly with the finance manager and controllers. You will also run complex projects within and between functional groups to analyze, identify, interpret, and evaluate detailed financial, accounting, cost, and trend reports to improve processes and financial performance.
Put your thinking cap on as you work to identify and implement improvements in methods, procedures, and processes to improve performance and prepare standard reporting and analysis of cost/profit trends from the financial statements. You'll need to aggressively identify economic issues, define causes, and form conclusions to present to the business partners, which may involve visits to the manufacturing floor to get the creative juices flowing for cost-saving ideas! We'll also look for you to ensure that systems, procedures, and reports comply with company policies and applicable regulations while tracking progress and aiding in productivity activities.
- Support the Planning Process, including monthly forecast and annual budget process.
- Collaborate with technical and financial partners to drive asset management initiatives (to improve safety, quality, product cost, lead times)
- Control meaningful business-critical metrics, including but not limited to volume development, SG&A, Headcount, FCF, etc., and ensure the achievement of targets within each. Where deviations are found, initiate corrective actions with the team
- Maintain profitability, trend- and variance-analysis used as a baseline for developing recommendations and advise management regarding actions and activities to improve the bottom line.
- Recognize and actively promote the exchange of standard methodologies within the organization
- Contribute to conceptual discussions regarding the market, planning, performance, and reporting issues; US GAAP applications; departmental process improvements and financial requirements.
- Support inventory control and obsolete analysis
- Prepare Make/Buy business cases.
- Finance / Accounting Degree and 2+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting/Auditing and prior experience in manufacturing
- Develop operational, strategic vision while influencing/leveraging other functional groups within the organization
- Successfully demonstrate operative influence in regards to meaningful current business concepts through validated experience and leadership.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well across internal organizations
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a requirement.
- Experience with Tableau business analytics software is helpful.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- High proficiency with SAP, PLM, S&OP planning
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Manufacturing Financial Analyst, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.