Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand.
What are my responsibilities?
- Effectively guide and facilitate the sprint ceremonies to consistently achieve the sprint goals (Sprint planning, reviews, retrospective, demo, daily stand-ups, and stakeholder meetings).
- Co-ordinate with architects and scrum team for backlog management, prototypes and technical grooming.
- Co-ordinate with PO for sprint backlog management, concept grooming and continuous delivery of features.
- Protect scrum team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- Work/collaborate/communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Regularly monitor and control the metrics to meet project/product goals. (E.g. sprint/ release burn down, velocity, defects, etc.)
- Guide the team with Agile/Lean principles and practices
- Coaching, mentoring, and fostering the culture of transparency, continual improvement, and self organizing within the team.
- Ensure requirement analysis and design of software solutions is done based on requirements engg. process and architectural /design guidelines.
- Ensure implementation of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions in accordance with coding guidelines and on-time with high quality.
- Build trust & connect, create positive environment by empowerment, facilitating discussions, decision making and conflict resolution with emphasis on problem solving.
- Identify and control project risks by means of prevention, mitigation and contingencies.
- Ensure that sprint deliverables are adhering to the Quality and regulatory guidelines
Qualification: BE / B.Tech / M.Tech / ME or equivalent
Experience: 10+ years of overall experience in software development activities. 3+ years of experience as Scrum Master.
- Is guide and coach to all stakeholders and participants involved within the agile delivery ensuring the scrum ceremonies are executed correctly and that team lives by the values and practices of scrum and agile.
- Have good facilitation skills and should have facilitated the Scrum Events ( Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up, Sprint Review/Demo, Retrospective , Product Backlog Refinement).
- Provide all needed support to the Scrum Team using a servant leadership style (by using persuasion rather than authority) and leading by example.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Have ability to identify problems, impediments, dependencies and other team dysfunctions. Should be able to facilitate quick resolution to keep teams highly motivated and productive.
- Guide, Coach and Work with Product Owner for an effective Product Backlog Management ( Availability of DOR state backlog items in advance for the teams, etc)
- Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Ensuring all needed information/reports/dashboards as agreed and needed by the organization are up-to-date at all time and available, hence create an environment of transparency.
- Leads by example to recognize the value in all team members
- Have a strong focus on “Continuous Improvement” in all aspects (People, Process, Technology). Encourage, Recommend, Guide and Support continuous improvement activities.
- Foster Team collaboration and help in resolving conflict
- Have a good Communication and Facilitation skills
- Knowledge of lean Quality Management principles particularly planning, process tailoring and assurance methods
- Actively participate in Scrum Master Community of Practices (COP) to share and gain best practices, lessons learned and other know-how.
- Work with Agile transformation Coaches and support the agile transition journey in Siemens
- Scrum Maser experience with basic technical know-how on C# or in UI technologies
- Any Agile or Scrum Master Certification will be an added advantage
- Worked on Agile Life Cycle Management Tools to support agile development activities.
- Knowledge of other agile approaches, like: Kanban, XP, etc.
- Basic understanding of Test Driven Development, Refactoring, CI/CD, etc
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time