Role: Junior Software Developer
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Junior Software Developer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
What part will you play!
- The candidate will be responsible for the software design, testing and development related to Siemens software product portfolio.
- The candidate will design, implement, Test and support the software to advance the product portfolio
- Test development framework on a complex application on Windows/ Linux
- Technical discussions with project stakeholders all over the world
- Discussing requirements, design, implementation , test and error correction, creating expected documentation, defining tests, creating automated tests
- Team work in agile/lean environment.
- Develop Software Products using various languages and technology space.
- Testing products from Decentral SIMATIC peripheries (e.g. ET200 SP, ET200 ecoPN, etc.)
- Designing Test cases based on product specification, their implementation and execution
- Designing and writing scripts for Test Automation and Continuous Integration
- Analyzing test results and working close with developers for troubleshooting
- Engineering and programming Industrial Automation systems from Siemens (Step7, TIA Portal)
- Gathering deeper knowledge of Industrial Communication protocols (e.g. PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, IO-Link) and implementing it
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate - Qualification: BE / B.Tech / M.Tech / ME or equivalent in Computer Science , Electronics and Communication , Electrical , Information science, with 0 years of experience and less than equal to 3 years of experience (Off campus Graduate)
- Exposure in C#, SDTC (software development test cycle) knowledge
- Proficient in Object Oriented programming concept and C#
- Good communication skills, Self reliant and Team player
- Analytic thinker and innovative
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of English
- The desire to educate and develop your knowledge
- Knowledge of PLC programming as advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time