At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Cloud Operations Engineer
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Cloud Operations Engineer to join our Cloud Services team. This team manages builds, deployments, and other crucial tasks in delivering cutting-edge software products to our customers. This is a high-profile, mission-critical team where your success will set you up for multiple future opportunities within Siemens.
You will team up with other Operation Engineers and developers to provide services that enable the delivery of Siemens Digital Industries SaaS and cloud-connected products to customers. As a key member of the Digital Industries Software Organization, you will have the opportunity to help build and operate the cloud infrastructure supporting Desktop and SaaS product offerings from Siemens using the latest cutting-edge technologies.
You will be part of a fun team that provides a flexible and friendly startup-like working environment that embraces agile development and encourages innovation. At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be working closely with other internal teams to deploy, secure, and maintain the infrastructure systems hosting Siemens cloud services. You will analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test, and deployment to Amazon Web Services or other cloud provider infrastructure while ensuring high availability on production and non-production systems.
You will design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams and collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new types of development and operations services while leading the enablement of processes and teams.
Job tasks include:
- Hands-on design, analysis, development, and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale cloud production systems and event-driven, cloud-based services
- Building CI/CD pipelines and deployment strategies for container-based cloud deployments
- Ownership of reliability, uptime, system security, cost, operations, capacity, and performance-analysis
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given application services
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
- Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes to improve the visibility of our applications' performance and business metrics and keep operational workload in check.
- Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develop, communicate, collaborate, and monitor standard processes to promote the long-term health and sustainability of operational development tasks.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in system administration, application development, infrastructure development, or related areas
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled applications in the cloud (AWS required; GCP, Azure, OpenStack a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in Infrastructure-a-Code using CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Cloud database operations and deployment experience (RDS/PostgreSQL, Document Dbs), caching operations & deployment experience (Memcache, Redis)
- Understand and use Microservice architecture, including Containerization, Docker, and Container Orchestration Frameworks like Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.
- Versatility with troubleshooting of diverse sets of hosting technologies is strongly desired. These include web server platforms, application platforms, operating systems, network components, virtualization technologies, storage, and database platforms
- Expertise with cloud- continuous-deployment- based software development lifecycles (e.g., CI/CD), GitLab based CI/CD is a plus
- Expertise with Lean/Agile deployment processes (Blue/Green, ZDT, Canary, load balancers/DNS strategies A/B test, feature flagging methodologies)
- Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (DataDog in particular)
- Ability to design and manage escalation response plans from monitoring, react, respond, remediate and retrospect in culturally aligned (proactive, customer-focused, collaborative, data-driven) ways
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, commercial teams, and customers
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Able to solve complex technical problems
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time