At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Full Stack Engineer
We are currently looking for a highly motivated full stack Software Engineer to join our Cloud Services team. You will team up with other full stack developers to provide services that enable the delivery of Siemens Digital Industries SaaS and cloud-connected products to customers. You will work on everything, from architecture, software design/engineering, performance optimization, testing, build web interfaces all the way up to tuning and deploying services in a cloud environment. You will be involved in a full development life cycle from planning sessions, design/architecture meetings, code review, development, and maintenance. You will have the opportunity to help build and operate the cloud infrastructure supporting Desktop and SaaS product offerings from Siemens using the latest cutting-edge technologies.
You will be part of a fun team that provides a flexible and friendly startup-like working environment that embraces agile development and encourages innovation. At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve microservice-based cloud solutions
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Participate in the development process including, but not limited to, architecture/design review, code review, and test case review
- Collaborate with managers, product architects, owners, and key stakeholders to understand customer requirements
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment to build new features in a rapid, iterative way
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities, contributing to team meetings, troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Write clean, testable code.
- Support Client by developing documentation and assistance tools.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ years in Java programming and experience with Spring framework
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled applications in the cloud (AWS required; GCP, Azure, OpenStack a plus)
- 2+ years developing on a DBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Understand and use Microservice architecture, including Containerization, Docker, and Container Orchestration Frameworks like Kubernetes, AWS ECS, etc.
- The experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in Python is a plus
- Experience in NoSQL databases and Redis is a plus
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) experience.
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, commercial teams, and customers
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Able to solve complex technical problems
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and take on different assignments
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time