Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We would like to get onboard a Sales Manager for Rail Electrification market.
The Sales Manager position will be responsible for contributing to the developing of new business in the Electrification market, building long-lasting relationships with customers and partners, exploiting market opportunities and creating demand.
You will colaborate with internal and external stake holders.
- Bid factory for bid preparation
- BU RI (HQ and Local) to be familiar with systems and solutions.
- Engineering, Procurement, BA, SCM etc. to cooperate in Bid Production
- Customers Public Administration, State Owned companies, Railway Infrastructure Operators, Railway Undertakers, Civil Construction Private Companies and Project Integrators / EPCs
- Partners and Consortiums
• Customer interface
- Act as the main interface between the customer and Siemens Mobility, providing the support needed to address customer issues.
- Responsible for developing a contact and mutual trust network covering the national Railways Authorities (ADIF, Renfe,…), private operators, governments at national, regional and local level, and regional private sector investors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to identify opportunities for delivery of Electrification portfolio to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Establish commercial agreements with appropriate partners (e.g. Civil Works / Installation companies) when required.
- Manage the relationship with people who lead projects supporting the company-customer relationship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage the relationship with the Sales Manager of other BU’s for proper intra Siemens coordination and business development.
• Sales management
- Provide feedback to Sales Head, other departments as well as Headquarters about relevant facts and events in the Market (e.g. customer trends and strategies, customer feedback for the company, competition, upcoming bids and projects, technology evolution, etc).
- Develop markets through the analysis of their potential, the definition of successful market entry strategies for new systems/products and the gathering of all relevant information on upcoming tenders within those markets.
- Elaborate strategic plans to develop the business.
- Steering of Sales activities; building long-lasting customer relationships and trust in cooperation with other areas.
- Prospect relationships with other market players such as partners, competitors, subcontractors, etc. in order to establish Sales and Commercial strategies to face the forecasted market tenders and requirements.
- Manage the overall bid process for tenders in the Region, helping with the winning strategy and pricing decisions, supporting the LoA process, etc.
- Follow up sales results, analyze deviations from plans and establish corrective actions when required contributing to SMO’s continuous improvement effort.
- Represent the company in forums, events and associations when needed.
• Continuous improvement
- Commitment to develop expertise and knowledge by applying improvements on standards, systems, and processes within Sales Management.
- Actively analyze bid prep and contract management experiences and propose improvement actions at the national and regional level on a systematic basis.
- Deep experience in Sales and Bidding Processes in the Railway Electrification Sector: stakeholder management, trust building, co-creation/customer involvement techniques and long-term relationship building
- Detailed knowledge of key players within the Siemens Mobility organization with special attention to key departments for the sales process: Bid Group, Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Business Administration.
- Hands-on management of Target Price and cost estimation (PBL) tools as well as KPIs definition, monitoring and controlling.
- Demonstrated advanced management skills, motivation, and performance management.
- Technical knowledge of Siemens Mobility Portfolio: SICAT OCS, TPS and Energy Management Solutions and SCADA, including architectures, functionality, components, and performance.
- Knowledge of the technological trends in the industry especially on the forecasted evolution and deployment of new digitalization solutions.
- Broad technical knowledge in Siemens Mobility competitors’ solutions for Rail Electrification (systems and components).
- Knowledge of the Installed base in the Spanish market
- Proficient spoken and written English and spanish. German language knowledge considered a plus.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Singular trips may be required for particular opportunities / situations primarily in Spain, the SWE and the LAM Regions and eventually worldwide.
• Business experience
- At least 3 years business experience in technical departments in a competitor or a specialized Engineering Firm.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing -preferably leading- winning offers in the Spanish Market.
- Experience on Bid prep for International opportunities will be considered a plus.
- Bachelor´s Degree / Master of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Civil or Comms preferred).
Soft Skills & Competences
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Drive for Results
• Strategic Agility
• Managing vision and purpose
• Innovation and Creativity
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Engage people
• Trust Building
• Managerial Courage
• Will to grow and improve
• Assertive Leader
• Develop for the future
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.