Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems (DS) headquarters is located near Raleigh, NC. The Heber Springs facility in Heber Springs, AR is responsible for our Overhead Switch products. Currently Heber Springs is looking for Component Engineer for its Overhead Switch product lines. The objective of the Design Engineer is to manage active design request, Production support, and cost savings opportunities as well as assist in the research/brainstorming of new ideas that will generate savings. This consists of project management (following up with suppliers, updating timelines, keeping all parties involved informed of progress), /Design (Assist in creating drawings / updating BOMs for applicable cost savings opportunities).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide complete transparency to status of design request at a moment’s notice. Actively keep all interested parties up to date.
- Generate proper engineering changes (modeling, drawings, updating BOMs) where applicable.
- Develop knowledge of product and applicable codes and standards to complete required documents.
- Be a technical project leader taking full ownership of the overall deliverables.
- Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
- Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Engineering Technology with relevant experience. Preference to Mechanical.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D engineering tools (Teamcenter, Solid Edge, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX). NX is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 2D engineering tools. AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong work ethic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
- Ability to multitask and manage full workloads as business demands.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay transparent about project status and planned completion dates.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
- Experience with mechanical design for overhead switch products, preference given to experience with Siemens products.
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle, etc). Preference to SAP.
- Experience with cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc). Preference to SalesForce.
- Experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.