This role has the purchasing responsibilities for finished goods products from Siemens plants and / or vendors. This critical role supports our customer, customer support organization and product management organization in North America.
In this position the buyer will work closely with the plants / vendor to ensure timely delivery of product to our customers. For key metrics the buyer will focus on delivery real ability, asset management, and effective communication.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
What you will do:
• Create purchase orders based in customer needs and inventory replenishment using SAP and One SRM.
• Provide detailed information on expected availability of materials to customer service, product management, and sales using Sie Sales and email.
• Manage purchase orders maintenance, aging, goods receipts vs invoices, review invoices in 2P2 tool, info records, price discrepancies and confirmation messages.
• Establish top priorities with vendors.
• Coordinate quality returns to the vendors and procuring the correct posting of credits.
• Develop effective communication with product management, customer support, procurement, R&D and finance and suppliers.
• Maintain supplier performance and drive vendor development related activities
• Set up vendors in SAP
What we need from you:
• Bachelors Degree
• 2 – 3 Years’ experience of working in Supply Chain Management or customer support
• Knowledge of Procurement / Supply Chain activities with a broad solid understanding of operational, activities across a range of businesses.
• Advance user of Microsoft Excel
• Advance user in ERP system
• Excellent planning, organizational skills and excellent communication skills
• Experience in building reports
What will set you ahead of the pack:
• Experience with Tableau
• Sie Sales (CRM) knowledge
• Bilingual English / Spanish
• Manufacturing experience
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.