Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Technical Support Technician 3
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As Technical Support Technician, you will be responsible for:
Act as a technical support center representative for our customers. Continually demonstrate soft skills competency, phone etiquette and professionalism during technical call center operations. Participate in incident management ranging from rudimentary to highly complex in support of customers, Field Service Technicians, Installation Engineers or Applications Specialists remotely or on-site. Interpret and clarify technical documents for the field service organization, sales organization, project managers, site planners and the applications group. Work directly with headquarters or business unit partners to provide feedback for technical escalations and/or product issues to drive root cause identification and assist in the creation of corrective actions. Properly represent Siemens Healthineers Service Strategy and Siemens core values. Promote the technical support organization as a value-added process to internal and external partners. Coordinate new product introductions as they relate to product support.
• Technical guidance and documentation of customer and Field Service Engineer calls placed with the Uptime Service Center
• Remote diagnostic evaluations of MI-SPECT equipment
• Identify problems and provide action plans for highly complex problems and incidents to aid field representative in finding solution
• Preempt potential problems and provide effective solutions
• Seek assistance from internal partners for issues that reach beyond assigned product area
• Work with minimal direction from management
• Independently identify issues or problems perform research, develop, deploy and delegate corrective actions
• Mentor and provide technical operational leadership to TST 1, TST 2 and TST 3 TSEs.
• Contribute to the dissemination of product knowledge
• Provide support to the Operations Manager in the development and implementation of research designed to collect and report product or site-specific information
• Proficient skills in typing and Outlook, Excel, Word and other job critical applications
• Drive individual KPIs and Onsite to Online strategy to meet the needs of the customer/business
• Creates an open, supportive environment consistent with the culture of Service Based Leadership
• Must be willing to be on call and work rotating weekends/holidays
• This is a 1st or 2nd shift position
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates degree or vocational training in Electronics or Biomed Engineering (or equivalent experience)
• Technical proficiency in repair of Siemens MI SPECT equipment of 3 years
• Firm knowledge of DICOM, networking, computer use of Microsoft products
• Travel required for customer meetings and technical repair 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Clinical operation of MI-SPECT equipment is valued
• Knowledge of CT theory and operation
• Experience in peer coaching, technical support role and SAP is preferred
• Cary, NC location is preferred but willing to have remote for right candidate
• Spanish speaking a plus
JOB LOCATION is REMOTE or Cary NC
(Job code: 266251)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.