Siemens Supply Chain Management (SCM) unit aims to make a significant and sustainable value contribution to the success of Siemens’ business activities. For our SCM Belgium team responsible for Belgian and Luxembourgish markets in the environment of Procurement, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Commodity Manager.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the management of both existing and potential suppliers in the field of Procurement, with a strong focus on digitalization, innovation and sustainability. As a Commodity Manager, you will serve as the primary procurement contact between suppliers, local Business representatives and the supply chain management organization. You will demonstrate sufficient understanding of the supplier market in order to select the most suitable vendors who are able to deliver high quality products or services at competitive pricing. We will rely on your outstanding negotiation skills as well as your capability to create value with regards to key metrics such as lead-time, cost and quality. In this role, you will drive performance initiatives with suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is focused on making an impact.
This entails the following responsibilities:
- Managing the Commodities “Logistics” and “Technical Services”
- Collaborating with a virtual global team and fostering cross-functional alignment
- Defining the Commodity strategy and organization
- Systematically providing information about all relevant Procurement related projects to keep all project participants up to date.
- Aligning strategies with Siemens’ business to ensure a resilient supply chain with long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials
- Performing Supplier Management, in particular Supplier Development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
- Negotiating frame contracts and documenting these in relevant Supplier Management IT systems
- Identifying procurement risks, opportunities, and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploiting potential opportunities through risk and change management.
- Observing the market for important trends and starting discussion about how these may impact the Commodity
- Developing and implementing continuous improvement measures with a strong focus on Digitalization
What makes you the perfect candidate?
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree
- You have minimum 5 years of proven experience in Strategic and/or Project Procurement
- Profound background in cost optimization projects is an asset
- Proficiency in English is a must. Skills in French or Dutch are helpful
- You demonstrate strong communication skills with a collaborative mindset and excellent negotiating skills
- You have a mindset of continuous growth, innovation, and continuous learning
- You have strong analytical skills that enable you to interpret key financial indicators to derive better business decision and their impact
- You are open for new ways of working and embrace change
- You learn fast and understand complex environments
What will Siemens offer you?
At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. Here you can explore a wide range of functions. Moreover, we invest in your training to build a good career. You can count on permanent coaching and guidance by a godfather/mother.
Because we actively support home- and teleworking, we offer alternatives to the mobility problem. We offer you a competitive remuneration package with a wide range of possible fringe benefits.
At Siemens, we work with and for each other. Are you someone who strives for responsibility, continuous innovation, and excellence? Would you like to actively contribute to the world of tomorrow at a leading international technology player? Then apply now. See you soon!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time