- Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and staying aligned to the long-term technical architecture
- Specify non-functional requirements; analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with the other development teams and leadership in the organization to deliver solutions that help our business succeed
- Devise and transparently communicate a roadmap on a regular basis to set expectations with product owners and key partners
- Regularly report on progress towards commitments using data
- Delegate appropriately to the development team, retaining the appropriate number of kind of tasks to complete themselves.
- Improve agile software engineering processes and practices
- Identify and reduce technical debt
- Extensive cloud-native development expertise especially in a Software as a Service context
- Complete knowledge of agile software development lifecycles – specifications, documentation, engineering, security, unit test/QA, continuous delivery, maintenance, etc.
- Takes a hands-on approach, works day to day with engineering teams in daily standups, sprint grooming and planning meetings
- Partners with product owners to ensure user stories are properly planned and groomed for engineering teams to take action on
- Able to lead a small team, providing direction, coaching and regular feedback
- Setting results-oriented, measurable targets and metrics as key drivers in decision-making processes
- Able to attract and hire world-class talent and build high-performing team
- 3+ years' work experience working with SaaS Applications
- 3+ years’ experience on data integrations across multiple internal or external applications
- 5+ years’ people management experience, directing the day-to-day activities of 3-5 engineers
- Deep technical understanding and informed opinions on cloud-native development, programming languages, and data frameworks
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-functional environment, including coordination of standard methodologies with other business and technical units, and alignment to architectural standards and policy mandates of the larger organization
- Has worked on SaaS front end applications for B2B software companies
- Has worked within an agile methodology across a large, distributed software development organization
- Can handle ambiguity, drive consensus, communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.