Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to
ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our
company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to
succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We
recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of
internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Position to be fully stationed at Stanford Hospital Adult campus in Palo Alto, CA and Redwood City, CA
Outpatient buildings. Position may travel within the immediate Bay area once additional Stanford sites
are added to the contract. This inspector position performs assigned tasks on fire alarm systems
including minor repairs and visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems in accordance with all
national and local standards.
• Provide inspection, testing, and service for fire alarm equipment to comply with NFPA72 standards as well
as state and local codes. Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations.
• Discuss noted deficiencies, remedies, and pricing with customers and follow up on corrective actions.
• Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Generate reports within Siemens
tools and upload to city municipality websites to include customer Maximo work order system.
• Perform minor service and deficiency repairs on all fire alarm system types.
• Complete service ticket documentation at completion of each service and before leaving the customer site.
• Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections. Assist
• Work overtime when needed and approved.
• Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
• Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role.
• Provide hands-on training and coaching of entry-level inspectors.
• Maintain stock, tools, and equipment in vehicles.
• High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience performing Inspections, Testing, and Maintenance (ITM) of Fire Alarm
and/or Fire Life Safety Systems
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
• Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
• Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to Stanford Adult Hospital campus
• Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Inspector Certification Level 2 within 24 months
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
• Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
• Competitive salary based on qualifications
• Health, dental, and vision plans with options
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Company cell phone and laptop
• Extensive product training and professional career development
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.