Acting as an expert and partner, the QMiP supports, advises and controls the Project Manager and the Project Team in the planning, implementation and coordination of project-specific quality assurance actions in compliance with the defined processes to assure world class quality in the launch of new products.
- Effectively communicate development project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Implementation of quality gates and measures in development, product surveillance and continuous improvement.
- Establish and monitor appropriate quality plans, targets and methods based on HQ standards, advise the project leader on project-specific adaptation and check appropriateness of type tests.
- Identify and eliminate risks and weaknesses within the design of products and processes as a preventive action to ensure a high-quality product.
- Perform project risk management to minimize overall Quality and Operations risks.
- Monitor process quality in the project, determine nonconformities, and coordinate and administer resulting actions.
- Facilitate development project Lessons Learned postmortems and implement improvements on future project/product improvements.
- Drive preventative product improvement measures by assessing risks utilizing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Product Quality Plans (PQP), Failure Analysis Investigations (FAI) and customers/supplier risk assessments.
- Monitor project documentation for completeness.
- Partner with supply chain to ensure component release and other supplier quality deliverables are completed successfully.
- Work with operations to ensure proper traceability, PFMEA, control and inspection plans are in place to facilitate a smooth transfer to operations post launch of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of experience in Quality mgt, Research & Development (R&D), or Supply Chain Management (SCM) roles.
- Experience in Project Management and R&D processes.
- Knowledge and experience in core quality methods like FMEA, Ishikawa Diagram, 5Why /8D methodology and VSM.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- ASQ or other quality certifications desired.
- Ability to work in matrix global organization.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work on international projects and travel worldwide as the need arises (~15% travel).
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Purchasing.
- Solid multi-tasking, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Must complete the Siemens QMiP training requirements to get certified within the first six (6) months of hire.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.