The Sr Project Manager role is intended to provide oversite for the delivery cycle within the Americas regions and provide ideas and support to ensure the success of each delivery. This role reports to the Operations Director in the US and has the ability to expand the Siemens Grid Control footprint across the Americas. Typical projects in scope will include the expanded use of renewable energy, thereby reducing the global carbon footprint.Key responsibilities
- Impact all projects within the Hub using traffic lights to highlight potential problems that can be raised to management
- Define processes that can be used across the Hub which are in line with the global Hub solutions
- Report on Hub projects showing volume, estimate to complete, milestone expectations, etc.
- Conduct regional Project Review Meetings on a regular basis
- Identify projects which need a Hub level review meeting and coordinate the execution of the review meeting
- Review and build regional delivery teams, identify strengths and weaknesses, and support the improvement of the teams
- Coordinate resources across the Hub to ensure we maintain productivity goals in each region
- Support the regions in creating competitive and technically and commercially accurate Offers and drive the respective Approval (LoA) processes
- Coordinate support requests coming from the regions within the HUB
- Coordinate the project delivery process according to Project Management (PM@Siemens) guidelines.
- At least 10 years of Project experience (e.g. PM@SIEMENS or PMI Certification Level), seniority in SW Engineering is a plus
- Degree or diploma qualified in engineering (preferred in Electrical engineering)
- Experience with utilities or electrical infrastructure markets of the Smart Grid landscape (i.e. Grid Control, Grid Applications, Smart Metering, Consulting).
- Experience in the design and configuration of utility software solutions is an advantage.
- Quick learner and initiative driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to balance multiple projects under pressure.
- Experience with international and cross border projects
- Intercultural experience and team building skills
- Ability and flexibility to adjust and thrive in environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Result orientation - Assertiveness - - Customer orientation - Leadership skills
- Proficient business language skills in English (in addition - Spanish, German, or Portuguese are a plus)
* This can be a remote position - anywhere in the US
Travel requirement estimated at 50%
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.