Primarily responsible for providing in-house counseling and litigation advice relating to the Siemens Industry business units. This role you will coordinate efficiently and effectively with legal department management, other internal litigation and employment counsel, compliance personnel, outside legal counsel, and numerous internal business partners. Must be able to adjust and evolve as facts/circumstances change and to approach questions quickly and pragmatically.
Ideal candidate will have strong experience in both general litigation and employment issues; ability to handle difficult matters from inception through trial, including substantial experience with pleadings, motions and discovery; outstanding ability to distill and concisely explain complex issues both orally and in writing; ability to tailor communications to different audiences. Must be able to collaborate across organizational lines with a team-first attitude, yet be able to accomplish tasks autonomously and exercise solid independent judgment. Product liability and asbestos case management experience are significant plusses.
- Manage sophisticated litigation and pre-litigation docket relating to a wide variety of areas, including commercial / business disputes, product liability matters, and employment.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all aspects of case strategy; lead and direct outside counsel in an efficient manner.
- Provide effective, proactive training and counseling on HR/employment and product liability issues.
- Effectively prioritize and respond to a wide variety of inquiries, with an emphasis on clear, concise communication and quickly identifying and resolving issues
- Interact with key internal partners / functions to meet corporate needs, including HR, project management, sales, finance, audit, and Risk Management functions.
- Assist with general litigation topics and provide accurate, timely reports as required.
Required Education / Certification:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree from an accredited law school
- Must be a member of the bar, in good standing, preferably GA.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10 years of litigation and employment experience (including substantial law firm experience)
- Consistent record of successfully managing matter budgets and tailoring activities to the risks and issues in individual cases.
- Management and counseling on legal hot topics and “pre-litigation” claims / risks.
- Experience as the lead litigation attorney through all phases of litigation
- Knowledge of e-discovery-related law and best practices
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and thrive in fast-paced environment where it is necessary to balance risks and
- Excellent executive communication skills, sound business judgment, adaptability and willingness to learn new topics, must collaborate well on a team
- Ability to take command of detailed issues and timely handle administrative tasks while simultaneously maintaining a proactive, big-picture perspective.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.