Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The engineer in this position should have expert level knowledge of steam turbine design with specific interest in service engineering. The scope of responsibility involves providing technical leadership on steam turbine field issues, customer / sales enquiries, engineering studies and service R&D programs. As an expert on steam turbine, this role will also require the candidate to support service engineering of power plant components like bearings, valves and auxiliary equipment.
- Technical Lead for engineering study and service topics of steam turbine components.
- This role will have defined responsibility to provide technical decisions on turbine service topics. Role also requires expertise in steam turbine design and auxiliaries with specific focus on turbine design.
- Development of turbine repair methods and Field and operational trouble shooting.
- Support field service and customers proactively during forced outage and urgencies.
- Collaborates with experts in reviews, discuss solutions, incorporates feedback.
- Development and release for Field Implementation procedures, product definition documents and product manufacture process requirements.
- Engineer shall also have understanding of thermodynamic and mechanical calculation towards design and assessment of steam turbine components.
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s/ Master's degree in engineering or related technical field
- 14 to 20 years of engineering experience, preferably in Steam Turbine design.
- Ability to lead independently with clarity on scope and responsibility.
- Ability to interface directly with customer, field, factory personnel and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple field issues / projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with steam turbine products or repair methods for major components a plus.
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time