At the dawn of the outbreak of global Electrical Vehicle market, the Business Unit, Siemens Distribution Systems, has setup a dedicated global R&D team to develop EV charging portfolio. The software engineer will be responsible for EVSE related software design, development, and validation to meet global EVSE product development target.
What are my responsibilities?
- To be responsible for the software design and coding of EVSE products (e.g. AC/DC chargers) based on the clarification to customer requirement and use cases.
- Follow product requirement, define design specification, and implement functionalities as designed.
- To be responsible for software development and support cross-function teams to launch mass production on schedule.
- To be responsible for software RCA and support cross-function teams to identify quality issue timely.
- Support test engineer on product validation/certification.
- Support hardware debug, and FCT development.
- Support test engineer on system testing development.
- Support business team in technical clarification with customers during RFI and RFQ.
- Support purchasing team in technical clarification with suppliers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree major in computer science, software engineering or equivalent; More than 5 years of working experience in software design and development.
- Hands-on experience on Linux OS based software development, either in embedded or Cloud environment.
- Solid experience on writing code with at least one mainstream programming languages like, Python, C++, C, Golang and Java.
- Deep understanding of common data structure and related algorithms, like list, queue, stack, tree, and graph.
- Solid experience on Object Oriented Programming paradigm; experience on Functional Programming paradigm is an advantage.
- Solid experience on database involved system design and development with at least one of common DBMS, like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Solid experience on communication message bus usage, like ZMQ, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, NATS, and MQTT.
- Solid experience on Git usage.
- Solid experience on leveraging open-source projects; contributing to open-source projects is an advantage.
- Solid experience on unit testing, function testing and integration testing.
- Hands on experience in EVSE related software development is highly preferred.
- Experience on Linux driver development is an advantage.
- Experience on Container technology is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, good verbal and written English, CET4 above. Be adaptive to conference call during night time with global teams.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on extended assignments. Excellent team player. Quick learner and keen problem solver.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time