At the dawn of the outbreak of global Electrical Vehicle market, the Business Unit, Siemens Distribution Systems, has setup a dedicated global R&D team to develop EV charging portfolio. The electronics design engineer will be responsible for EVSE related PCBA design and validation to meet global EVSE product development target.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for electronics design for EVSE product (e.g. AC charger, DC charger) based on the clarification to customer requirement and use cases.
- Follow product requirement, define hardware engineering specification and validation plan.
- To be responsible for electronics concept design, detail design and validation. Complete design reviews to meet project schedule.
- To be responsible for PCBA development and support cross-function team to launch mass production on schedule.
- To be responsible for PCBA RCA and support related departments to identify quality issue timely.
- Support NPI engineer on PCBA ECN/ECR.
- Support test engineer on product validation/certification.
- Support test engineer on PCBA ICT/FCT development.
- Support test engineer on product EOL FT development.
- Support business team in technical clarification with customers during RFI and RFQ.
- Support procurement team in technical clarification with suppliers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree major in electronics, computer science, automation or equivalent;
- More than 10 years of working experience in electronics and/or firmware design.
- Solid hands-on experience on electronics design and proficient in using CAD design/simulation tools.
- Solid experience on digital / analog circuit, micro controller and power supplier circuit design and analysis.
- Solid experience on for 8/16/32 bits micro controller and relative peripheral interface (USB, UART, GPIO, I2C, or memory) design;
- Demonstrable solid experience below is highly desired,
- Terminal power distribution product development (e.g. RCD, Over voltage protection);
- AC/DC charger hardware development;
- Solid experience on power converter (AC/DC, DC/DC) hardware development;
- Demonstrable solid experience below is an advantage,
- Communication technology (Ethernet, CAN, RS485, PLC)
- IOT technology (4G, BLE, Wi-Fi, ZigBee);
- FPGA development;
- Signal processing;
- Automotive electronics;
- ICT/FCT development;
- In-depth knowledge of DFx and 6 sigma.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Good verbal and written English, CET4 above. Be adaptive to conference call during evening time with global teams.
- Experience in dealing with major EMS in China is highly preferred.
- Strong Can-Do attitude. Quick learner and keen problem solver.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time