Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Siemens Smart Infrastructure Security team is seeking an Engineering Technician to support security projects. This role is responsible for sales consulting, executing, testing, and commissioning complex security systems, including access control, network, video management, and other related systems. The Engineering Technician will participate within a diverse project team on the conceptual development, design, and implementation of these projects. The project team could include customer resources, manufacturers technical support groups, contractors and internal employees. This role is also responsible for support of internal field technicians on advanced systems problems encountered in the field. The Engineering Technician will often have customer facing responsibilities for both deployment and technical support on system related issues
- Execute and manage small security project work independently or as part of a team.
- Attend pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- Consult with customer for best approaches to various security scenarios both temporary and permanent.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Track resources and project progress.
- Troubleshoot issues following through with manufacture support related to installation problems.
- Work with manufacturer/vendor in support of new product development.
- Organize and maintain job documentation. Prepare engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Manage and coordinate work with subcontractors.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in security systems support, programming, installation, and servicing large complex Software House access control (ACS) and American Dynamics video management systems (VMS) as well as Genetec Security Center
- Extensive experience in the design, documentation, and integration of these systems
- Understand and can follow various IT project processes, language, and structure
- Act as team resource for all networking related issues such as VLAN, Server, and Port issues
- Can perform as technical resource for resolution of system errors, failures
- Take part in and can lead the commissioning of the above systems. Responsible for acceptance testing
- Knowledge and awareness of project management principles, documents, and plans.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge for area of expertise
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Ability to assemble training documents and deliver customer training on new systems
- Must hold current certifications in access control, video management, and Intrusion system
- Certifications required from Software House CCURE 9000 Enterprise systems
- CCURE Installer/Maintainer
- CCURE Advance Integrator
- SQL database experience required
- Network training and certification required
- Genetec IP video certifications required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.