Project managers bring people, ideas, and opportunities together. They are temporary team leaders, have all of a project’s costs and deadlines under control, get things rolling, understand the technology and get people moving. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a project management career path!
We at Siemens Mobility seek an experienced Project Manager with a solid track record of leading sophisticated projects in the transportation industry. We prefer that experience being in the Rail Industry. Experience with Positive Train Control (PTC) is highly valued.Responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management, and partners.
- Meet clients to scribe detailed user requirements and clarify specifics for the contracted scope of the project(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Apply our project process and management principles to all aspects of project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and partners in a timely fashion.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other partners. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Track project landmarks and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project team and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ability to lead/direct emergency support calls due to requirements of the contract in the event of an emergency (24X7X365)
- Qualified applicants will have 8+ years of successful experience in a role directly related to the development/launch of software products/projects.
- Consistent record of at least two years as a project manager with experience leading/running large projects (team sizes greater than 30). PMP Certification is a plus.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering or computer science. Electrical, Systems, or Software Engineering preferred. Proven experience may be substituted.
- Advanced Degree preferred Masters, Ph.D., or MBA.
- Ability to manage a team located in multiple locations.
- Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting, and analysis
- Solid interpersonal skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, advanced time management, and analytical skills
- Experience with the development of Embedded Software and Safety-Critical Software is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Up to 25% travel is required
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion ProgramAbout us:
We make up 351,000 of the world’s most intelligent minds. We create innovations that matter and champion the people who make them happen. It’s the people who make our company – not the other way around. So, we give everyone a voice. We don’t shout about things; our actions speak loudly enough. We share ideas and talk about what’s coming next. Because we’re making the future, and we invite you to join us and build your career!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.