We are looking for an entrepreneur and someone that questions status quo. This is a product management role responsible for residential and commercial surge products and residential steel enclosures within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Electrical Products business unit. This role will be responsible for UL67 enclosures and UL1449 (Surge Protective Devices) residential products portfolio management and will include focus on portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, new product introductions, pricing, and overall product lifecycle management. This is an excellent role for an experienced product management professional in the electrical industry, or for an individual with an engineering, business marketing or sales background that has a strong aptitude and desire for product portfolio management responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and teamwork skills and have experience in the electrical industry.
What you will do:
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage Siemens surge and steel enclosures product portfolio for the NAFTA market. As stated above, this position will have heavy focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmap development /management, project management, launching new products, pricing strategy and general product lifecycle management from inception to obsolescence. This is a cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many departments including but not limited to R&D, application engineering, marketing, sales, logistics, pricing, finance, and data management. Estimated travel in this role is approximately 20%. Some international travel is also expected.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
What you will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business Marketing
· 10+ years of experience in professional work environment.
· 7+ years of product management, marketing, sales, logistics or R&D experience preferably with electrical or electromechanical products.
· Proven experience in product lifecycle management (PLM) or general project
· Strong technical aptitude - ability to interpret and author technical product
· Excellent communication skills - verbal / non-verbal and technical / non-technical.
· Strong data analysis, problem solving, report writing, and presentation skills.
· Ability to multitask and manage product management activities per a schedule.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (~20%).
What will set you apart from the others:
· Knowledge and experience with circuit protection products, specifically circuit breakers and electronic trip units.
· Intermediate level of skill and capability with SAP and Web Focus (formerly Business Objects).
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Management with an electrical or mechanical focus.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.