Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Grand Prairie, TX location is looking for a Product Engineer with experience in Thermal and Structural Analysis to join their Engineering team during this time of high performing growth. This person will lead innovation and new product development for electrical equipment (Panelboards and Switchboards).
What you will be doing:
• Create multiple design concepts utilizing Pro/E - Creo & perform trade-off studies of those con-cepts to determine the optimal solution while managing and planning projects including scope of work, cost, and schedule.
• Prepares prototypes and test plans for design feasibility evaluation and testing for UL.
• Work with cross functional team to drive projects to completion.
• Contribute to "Design-to-Cost” projects to reduce manufacturing and material costs.
• Create Part drawings, Material BOMs, Document Information Records and Change numbers using Creo/Team Center/SAP.
• Utilize analysis software and hand calculations to evaluate designs. Understand and interpret results and recommend solutions for compliance with structural and thermal requirements.
• Develop new methodologies for creating and analyzing digital twins.
What you will need:
1. BSME or BSEE
2. 5 plus years’ experience in new Product Development Engineering
3. Minimum of 2 years of Pro-E / Creo or similar CAD software
4. Minimum 2 years of Thermal and Structural analysis
5. Knowledge of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA)
6. Proficient with Ansys or similar analysis software
7. Strong structural and Heat Transfer-design fundamentals
8. Creative and analytical thinking with an ability to work alone or in a group setting.
9. Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
10. Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks while maintaining schedules.
What will set you ahead of the pack:
Panelboard / Switchboard design experience
Familiarity with UL and NEC standards
Understanding of advanced thermal phenomenon as it relates to power distribution equipment
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.