Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Digital Industries is looking to significantly expand the market share of our Automation Products and Solutions with a focus on the Pharmaceutical market in Canada. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proven sales success in the Pharmaceutical market and the successful candidate will be required work closely with our direct, indirect, and international sales experts to increase market share at our existing and prospective customer base. Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation leader in Automation and Digitalization in the Pharmaceutical industry and the successful applicants will be expected develop a sales strategy to grow market share in the Canadian market space.
- Sales Consultant/Business Developer for the Pharmaceutical market within Siemens Digital Industries, you will be responsible for identifying and developing customer opportunities and converting them into successful solutions at target customer across Canada.
- You will be responsible to increase share of wallet for selected relevant key customers (including relevant sales channels / integrators) based on products, systems, solutions, and services.
- The successful candidate must be able to pair Pharmaceutical market knowledge with digital applications, manufacturing execution systems, and an automation centric portfolio of solutions to deliver actionable steps in the prospect to customer conversion process to increase Siemens Digital Industries market share.
- The Sales Consultant/Business Developer must be able to work in matrix organization, coordinating with various other groups including engineering, sales, and marketing, with close coordination and communication with the global pharmaceutical organization.
- The position reports to the Regional sales lead
What you will do?
- Sales and business development activities for the entire Siemens Digital Industries automation and digitalization portfolio to deliver increased market share.
- Deliver a measurable increase in lead (Pipeline), & enquiry generation which can be addressed by the Siemens Digital Industries portfolio.
- Match Siemens offerings to customer needs in digital applications, manufacturing execution systems and automation applications in both the process and discrete manufacturing and R&D environments.
- Position Siemens as a thought leader in Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences through industry association and active event participation.
- Educate internal and external personnel on Siemens Digital Industries portfolio with respect to features, benefits, and value propositions for the pharmaceutical markets.
- Work with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings locally and in close cooperation with the Siemens global pharmaceutical team.
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages and use this knowledge to grow Siemens Digital Industries portfolio market share.
- Build and maintain a stable network with Management and experts in the pharmaceutical market and supports sales and customers as an industry subject matter expert.
- Achieve business KPIs as defined by the regional sales lead
- Development interface between customers’ HQ with support of Corporate Account Managers and internal Siemens organization
- Owns responsibility for the development and implementation of the Account strategy
- Analyses Pharma market and Customer requirements, develop strategy, value chain and key business drivers
- Evaluates the Key Account potential and account penetration to develop a short-term , mid-term and long-term win strategy
- Work closely with Siemens Corporate Account Manager (if applicable) to ensure Canada account strategy is in alignment to global account strategy
- Develop and maintain the Account Business Plan for targeted OEMs and end customers
- Prepare & monitor Key Account budget and forecast
- Continuously update the strategic and operational opportunities in CRM tool
- Facilitate and leverage executive level relationship between Siemens and Key Customer
What you will need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Bioengineering disciplines including Biochemistry, Biomolecular Engineering, and Biotechnology preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science is acceptable.
- 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing execution and the automation market in a business development position.
- Subject matter expertise of the Pharmaceutical market segments within Manufacturing and R&D.
- Pharmaceutical Knowledge including industry standards, eBR/Batch Integration, Validation, Single-Use Technology, Plug & Produce Concepts.
- Emerging Digital Application Trends including Cloud Technologies, Software as a Service Concepts, Digital Process Twins, Apps for Manufacturing, Simulation and networking/ Cyber/OT concepts.
- Proven experience in developing new/emerging markets.
- Experience with Automation Systems – Distributed Control Systems, PLCs, networking equipment and related process instrumentation.
- Experience working with End Users, OEMs, integrators and EPCs, especially in the Life Sciences Markets.
- Understanding of the Siemens industrial products, solutions and service portfolio.
- This position requires up to ~30% travel.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present effectively in person or through the use of remote media tools.
- Excellent language skills, fluent in speaking and writing in English with a preference to applicants with French / English bilingual skills.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Energy Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.