If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Digital Industry Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products – be it the automotive or aerospace industry, firmware engineering or other interesting sectors.
Your mission in new role:
Working now in our Agile team to define, create and sharpen the firmware of Siemens’ world leading programmable logic controller (PLC) products, you will carry out the core controllers of the industrial micro-automation system by the dawn of the Industrial 4.0 era.
Your new role – Challenging and future oriented
Working together with the industry’s experienced engineers, You will:
1. Focus on the embedded software design and delivery for PLC products.
2. Find the solution for the issues of functionality, performance, security and reliability in a cross-functional (product management, HW dev and manufacture) and cross-continental (China, Germany, USA …) team.
3. Participate in requirement discussions, product framework design and implementation and product maintenance after release.
4. Use software engineering methods such as Agile practice, DevOps, to deliver the value of Siemens products to customers.
5. Have opportunity to research on new technology to enhance the core competitiveness of Siemens products, such as AI, Industry IoT, Edge computing, etc.
Your Qualifications – solid and appropriate
1. Bachelor’s Degree or above in EE, CS or Automation related majors.
2. Proficient in C/C++ programing language, having a good code style and programming habits is a plus.
3. Familiar with multi-thread, network development, a good understanding on the basic concept of computer and TCP/IP protocol.
4. Good communication skill and a quick learner for new technologies.
5. Fluent in English.
6. The following skills are big plus:
a. Industrial communication protocols (e.g., PROFINET, MODBUS, S7).
b. Industrial automation system (e.g., PID control, motion control, PLC programing languages).
c. Security infrastructure (e.g., PKI, symmetric/asymmetric cryptography).
d. Experience on ARM-Cortex Core software development.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time