"Are you ready to design and develop factory automation equipment for machine and systems that safely automate our world?"
The candidate, as part of the firmware engineering team, will design and develop embedded software and unit tests, review process and design documents, and perform code reviews for automation products. The Firmware Engineer is an individual contributor, works primarily on Functional Safety projects in the Research & Development organization reporting to the Project Manager.
- Perform semi-complex embedded software design and development tasks on input / output modules for PLC devices for factory and process automation.
- Work with other Firmware and Hardware engineers to resolve technical issues.
- Understand engineering standards, specifications, and other design documents to implement assigned tasks.
- Deliver defect free code, adhere to project schedules, and in agile development cycles.
- Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
- Implement quality and process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Computer Engineering is preferred, or a BS in Electrical Engineering with demonstrated software design knowledge, or a BS in Computer Science with demonstrated digital hardware design knowledge.
- 0-2 years’ experience working in embedded software development.
- Proficiency in the C++ programming language and object-oriented design methodology.
- Able to understand hardware / software interfaces.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- 5% domestic and international travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Basic knowledge of PROFINET is a plus.
- Familiarity with Automation engineering systems like Siemens TIA Portal - including Fundamental LAD and SCL language programming.
- Able to proficiently operate typical electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Ability to understand schematics.
- An understanding and adherence to practices defined in IEC 61508 and ISO 13849 is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.