At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
In this position, you will support software build and Quality Assurance (QA) for the NX Nastran application. Your focus will be on ensuring fast and dependable builds, along with the associated QA testing to ensure Nastran continues to produce correct answers to difficult engineering problems.
In this role, you will maintain and improve existing build and test infrastructure. You will leverage your past experience in automated build and testing suites to bring a broader software engineering industry perspective to the Development Operations group.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Use and improve automated systems for software build and test, including bespoke scripts written in Perl and Python.
- Ensure the efficient operation of Nastran builds and testing across several configurations and Operating Systems (Windows, Linux)
- Perform iterative builds, releases and environment setups and validations
- Maintain multiple configurations of code across different releases
- Help design and implement new build, test, and system status dashboards
- Provide guidance and undertake efforts to simplify and improve reliability
- Consult with development team on improvements to developer tools, and implement said improvements
Must have skills:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another technical program
- Strong practical experience with scripting programming languages - Perl, Shell, Python
- Strong knowledge and experience with version control
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Working knowledge of Jenkins is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.