JIRA Administration Engineer
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Install, Configure and Troubleshoot issues in Jira, Confluence and Service desk in Windows, Linux and Cloud Environment
· Administer workflows, Screens, Issue Types and other required parameters
· Export/Import projects from multiple instances of Jira/Confluence/ServiceDesk - knowledge of plugins available
· Responsible for Authentication and Authorization of the application
· Knowledge of Agile implementation in Jira
· Create various boards Kanban, Scrum in Jira
· Basic Administration of Linux/Windows and Cloud environments
· Basic Administration of Database
· Basic knowledge of SQL queries
Should possess good
· Overall 6+ yrs. exp with minimum 3+ years of experience in JIRA Administration
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
· Overview Java 3 tier web application. – Understanding of Webserver, Application Server and Database
· Troubleshooting skills for Java Applications – How to read logs and identify the area having issues from logs, knowledge of Heap dump and Thread dump.
· Basic knowledge of Windows/Linux
· Good Analytical skill
· Basic knowledge in software development process
· Knowledge in Agile methodologies and Scrum process
· Basic knowledge in SQL queries.
· Knowledge in DevOps is an added advantage
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time