The Applications Engineer is a technical specialist who works directly with engineers at semiconductor companies, helping them to apply Siemens EDA software in their circuit design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth with strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by Siemens EDA products.
The Applications Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. The Applications Engineer must also work closely with Siemens EDA account teams to help them execute strategic account plans. Success involves collaborating with multiple partners, including sales, marketing, and R&D, in order to achieve efficient business results.
We are seeking an Applications Engineer for Siemens EDA’s IP validation tools. These industry-leading tools check consistency and validate data formats (frontend and backend) used in design, meaningfully improving the quality of IP being delivered (be it a standard-cell library, IO library, memory block, analog block, custom design, etc.).What part will you play?
As an Applications Engineer, you work with customers to drive adoption of Siemens EDA products. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Work together with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to understand their challenges and help them use our products to solve those challenges
- Illustrate the value of Siemens EDA products to customers by assisting them in product evaluations; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; and performing benchmark comparisons
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support, including tracking and presenting status of enhancement requests and bug fixes.
- You'll work closely with R&D team to address customer feedback and requests.
- Contribute towards the product technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status
- You've bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or similar field
- You've phenomenal communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You're proficient working in a Linux environment, from command-line terminal.
- Proficient in scripting languages (one or more of: Python, Perl, Tcl, Shell-based)
- Optional, but ideal: Experience with RTL-to-GDS file formats: (System) Verilog, Liberty, LEF, GDS, Open Access, SPICE, SPF, etc.
- You’re proactive, independent, and quick-adapting for fast-shifting priorities
This role will be based in Bangalore but you’ll have to travel domestically and internationally to drive business engagements and work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and innovative electronic products. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip design.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Sales and Services) Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time