Siemens EDA is seeking an Application Engineer for its European Technical Organization, with focus on the industry-leading Calibre line of products.
The primary purpose of the position is to work closely with customers, and sales team to manage the technical engagement that supports sales campaigns and drive the adoption of Siemens EDA Calibre software tools.
*This role can be based in UK or Ireland*
- To develop close relationships with customers to be able to assess their technical requirements and the options/ability for Siemens EDA's Calibre solutions in order to develop and implement technical sales plans. This may be through proactive telephone contact, delivery of presentations and demonstrations, articulating product value statements, and engagement in technical benchmarks and evaluations.
- To drive products into customer projects to ensure adoption by creating methodology and flows; this may include infrastructure and integration into a customer’s environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use and the debugging and bring-up of new methodologies and flows.
- To uncover or qualify new opportunities, the technical viability of a lead and communicate the opportunity clearly to the sales team. Use this information to establish success criteria for technical engagements that effectively position Siemens EDA areas of strength.
- To provide technical leadership on all aspects of a sales campaign with the aim of contributing to account/area technical business plans.
- To share, in a proactive manner, account, evaluation, competitor, technology and other useful information with peers, sales teams, management and product divisions to help us to compete more effectively.
- To actively participate in out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, webcasts.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented and accountable person that strives on working in an international environment.
The position is located in UK or Ireland however you will be part of a team covering Europe and consequently should anticipate some international travel as needed by the team.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· BSEE or equivalent is required; MSEE preferred
· 5 years of experience as an AE or related field
· Broad understanding of Physical Verification/Circuit Verification/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows
· Expert level scripting / programming skills (Perl, TCL/Tk) in CAD environment ,
· Familiarity with rule decks writing (ideally Calibre TVF , SVRF )
· Awareness of competitive tool requirements, net lists/interfaces, format.
· Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
· Knowledgeable in compute farms grid setting and monitoring.
· Working familiarity with Unix and Linux OS
· Able to quickly develop deep understanding of technology and able to explain and optimize results
· Able to prioritize and document all activities based on business ROI
· Able to uncover new business opportunities and articulate the potential to Sales Management
· Self-driven and motivated team player
· Enjoy working with customers
· Enjoy working in a large team environment
· Strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time