Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Assigns work to department personnel to attain department objectives using knowledge of production processes, company policies, production schedules, work orders, equipment capacity and employee capabilities.
· Readily perceives and effectively responds to schedules and product flows essential to supervising highly productive, cost-effective, quality-oriented manufacturing operations.
· Establishes and controls procedures to meet production schedules.
· Recommends and initiates improvements to production processes, to increase manufacturing efficiency.
· Establish and control procedures to ensure production of conforming fabricated assembly components.
· Close monitoring the production activities, Sort and coordinate to resolve the bottle neck, planning and monitoring day to day activities in order to ensure manufacturing as per the desired standards and on time.
· Lassoing with third party inspection agency during all stages of production.
· Implement the guidelines pertaining to EHSMS, ensure all the statutory compliance, work out initiatives to improve EHS index on continuous basis in order to ensure safe and healthy environmental conditions
· Working out the requirement of manpower and other resource including material based on man hour and calculations for the planned production. Establishes and monitors cost control systems to achieve department budget objectives.
· Capturing Non-Conformance Cost. Analyze and take Corrective Actions
· Responsible for compliance with safety and housekeeping requirements.
· Facilitates and promotes company policy and the company Quality Improvement program within all department work groups.
· Provides training, support, direction and guidance to department personnel to continually develop their work habits, job skills and safety practices.
· Evaluates employee performance and accountability.
· Provides objective feedback for continued employee growth.
· Recommends and/or administers personnel actions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Set department goals and develop outline for achievement.
· ISO documentation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· 10 years minimum supervisory experience in heavy fabrication industry (Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers ).
· Computer literate with experience using e-mail and word processing applications (Microsoft Office).
· Ability to learn and understand software and complete transactions pertaining to fabrication or welding operations, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates ability to supervise diverse work groups in a team environment using effective listening, coaching, training, investigative and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and effective time management in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
· Read and interpret WPS/PQR according to ASME section IX.
· Read and interpret drawings
· Ability to understand and apply workplace safety procedures.
· Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment required.
· Proficient in structural/vessel/piping fitting, Mig/Tig/SMAW/SAW welding processes
· Ability to manipulate tools and assembly components involving fine and gross motor skills sufficient to demonstrate welding job tasks.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time