Electronics Engineer – Flexible hours / partial remote working
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our team. You will be part of our successful R&D engineering team developing electronics products for superconducting magnets for medical MRI systems. If you have a background in electronics design, particularly analogue electronics, good problem solving skills and can effectively manage a wide range of design challenges in a multidisciplinary engineering team then we would love to hear from you.
Your mission and responsibilities as Electronics Engineer:
- Ownership of the analogue electronic design aspects of the control and monitoring system for MRI superconducting magnets. Collaborating with engineers and designers located both locally and globally to deliver design solutions.
- Developing with stakeholders the hardware requirements and taking through from design and simulation to products with full compliance within the relevant medical device regulations.
- Technical support for manufacturing and customer services departments for the developed products.
- Working within and looking to improve the company processes for the development and maintenance of the products.
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on process engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer who has:
- A good degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a related subject. Relevant electronic design and development experience with an emphasis on analogue circuit design.
- Proven experience in Electronic Hardware Design for medical equipment is highly desirable or evidence of the ability to work in a similar regulated industry.
- Experience of design tools including schematic capture and circuit simulation.
- Supporting Verification & Validation processes for product development activities including functional, environmental and EMC tests and the use of test equipment as required.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
About us and what we can offer:
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled, and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
At our Oxford site we offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme and company contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits (including dental).
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and strong commuter links to the surrounding area.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time