Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated and technical Sales Executive to grow our Total Fire & Life Safety business in Alberta. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and negotiation skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions. Are you driven to succeed? With our NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE, this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
What will you do?
- You will foster client satisfaction by maintaining regular customer contact and managing customer expectations.
- Focus is on prospecting and selling directly to end-users and the retention and growth of their service business with Siemens.
- Deliver value through cultivating existing relationships and creating new customers with Siemens Total Fire and Life Safety Solutions value proposition.
- Jointly works with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business and facility goals and how success is measured. Aligns the customers objectives with services to ensure that their building systems perform as required to achieve their facility and business goals
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers and service as a key Siemens differentiator to customers and prospects
- Maintain opportunity status using our customer relationship management system as input on forecasting of opportunities; accurate and thorough sales activity.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives.
- Actively involved and participates in professional and industry organizations such as ULC, CFAA, BOMA, ASIS, ECA etc.; Keep current on fire and life safety market business and product trends
- Develop value-based sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to complete a compelling proposal and close the sale
What will you need to succeed?
- 3+ years’ extensive experience within a Sales role within the Fire and Life Safety Industry selling to end users and/or the construction tier
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of common fire and life safety systems and equipment, including but not limited to; fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, fire extinguishers, kitchen hood suppression, etc.
- Familiarity with the related ULC and NFPA codes and standards that document the required inspection, testing and maintenance of these systems is essential
- Significant experience in selling products and services understanding of key sales principles and best practices
- Excellent teamwork, communication skills, and continuous learning mindset
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction
- Ability to impact and influence across a broader organization
- Ability to influence customers, while maintaining healthy relationships
- Ability to perform customer site surveys to support the development of multi-offering service estimates and proposals across a broad fire and life safety portfolio
- Ability to review inspection and testing documentation to address identified system deficiencies and potential issues effecting the performance fire alarm, sprinkler and other life safety systems
- Willing to travel 10-30%
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.