*This role can reside in any US City
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a business development and solution design professional who has industry expertise in Power Delivery (Transmission and Distribution networks) engineering and operations. The person will be responsible for identifying solutions to digitalize Power Delivery network and support with sales and business development activities.
Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in America’s, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
- The role will be a customer success focused leader with 3 primary responsibilities: (1) business development, (2) portfolio development, & (3) solutions development.
- (1) Business development: Focused on account planning, due diligence, alignment of solution offerings to meet customer needs, customer meetings, alignment with sales channels/account managers, preparing for customer workshops, driving business via key accounts. Understand Power Utility client’s pain points and able to gather technical requirements and link them to business values: RFPs, RFIs, SOWs, etc.
- (2)Portfolio development: Focused on creating compelling digital solutions portfolios that achieve to build Siemens Advanta as a pre-eminent partner for Power Delivery digitalization. Coherently addressing & decomposing solutions & use cases into key offerings, benefits, addressing quantifiable business outcomes & returns (ROI), & outlining the path-forward with respect to journey in the context of digital maturity; leveraging strong business & strategy background.
- (3)Solution Design: Focused on creating differentiated digital solutions offerings for the Power Utilities industry; leveraging working knowledge of digital tools & technologies such as IoT, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), sensors, advanced analytics, etc. – along with technical domain expertise via a strong engineering & operations background in Power Delivery.
- Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a business development executive who has experience in selling Digital and IOT solutions in Power Delivery domain such as
- Power Transmission and Distribution Networks
- Power Reliability, Resiliency, and Security
- Power Asset Performance Management, Grid Analytics
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how digital solutions can deliver value.
- Manage and execute the entire end-to-end selling process, working closely with the deal team (initial lead inquiry, qualification of opportunities, requirements gathering, project scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation, contract negotiation and closing).
- Develop and manage key relationships with Siemens Utilities clients and Partner Alliance personnel to drive additional new business and provide proper communication on account activity.
- Leads and manages customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal.
- Proactively engage in the marketing campaign planning sessions and share ideas to further improve our engagement with clients.
- Understand client’s pain points and able to gather technical requirements and link them to business values.
- Generate interest and provide vision of Advanta portfolio and services solutions to potential clients.
- Present business outcomes through technical solution to diverse audiences which includes clients, partners, and sales team relevant to Utilities industry or market
- Collaborate closely with all Siemens organizations (Operating Company and Strategic companies) to leverage Siemen’s customer intimacy, portfolio, and domain know-how for a strong IoT solutions offering
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of OT and IT solution design and business development specifically for Power Delivery networks
- Experience in Power Generation and Delivery business functions – Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Understand end-to-end solution and services model, Consulting, Solution Design to Build (Technology) to Operate (Optimization and Managed Services)
- Like to have experience working for a multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
- Must have extensive solution design and sales experience
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in the digital technologies (Cloud, Analytics, AI, ML, sensors, edge computing) and it’s applicability in the Utilities industry
- Understanding of the IoT market and key drivers and associated technology and vendor players
- Bachelor’s degree is required: Degree in a Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to facilitate client workshops
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience, with an actionable contact list of decision makers
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.