The Global Mobility Professional’s role will serve as the main point of contact for internal and external customers on complex international travel matters regarding immigration, taxes, social security, local legislation. Case-specific decisions must be aligned with the Global Mobility Management travel principles. As a Global Mobility Professional you will keep travelers and key contacts informed of their travel status and progress of the cross-border activity.
- Drive the end-to-end international assignment process by guiding internal and/or external assignees to make sure the process runs smoothly.
- Ensure that all international assignment related matters such as Immigration, Tax, Social Security, and Corporate Tax are reviewed and compliantly executed.
- Assess international assignee’s and accompanying family members’ needs and options, if applicable throughout the assignment life-cycle.
- Ensure compliant procedures for international assignments such as: Permanent Establishment avoidance models, individual tax triggers, and internal documentation needed for the assignment.
- Coordinate all international assignments in accordance with internal and external defined principles and policies (global and local circulars and guidelines).
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents and records for the assignment life-cycle.
- Keep all assignees and stakeholders informed during all stages of the assignment, including the status of all compliance and regulatory procedures, i.e. tax filings, visa processing, registration requirements, as well as internal requirements, etc.
- Manage the financial aspect of the assignment process by creating income calculations, payment requests, worksheets and updates, shadow payroll enrollment, year-end compensation collection and reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing processes for GMM services to customers.
- Ensure tax orders are submitted and authorized in a timely manner.
- Ensure completion of tax service process by acquiring necessary documents required for tax service completion and answer all assignee inquiries during the tax season
- Provide excellent customer experience to the assignee.
- Resolve stakeholder disputes and bring strategies for solutions.
- Maintain proficiency with existing GMM IT tools as well as new tools as they are developed and implemented.
- Understand and follow the escalation management process within GMM, stakeholders and service providers.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail and process overview
- Structural and organized
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Tact and persuasive ability
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Foreign language abilities (Spanish/Portuguese preferred)
- Service delivery management
Required Experience and Education:
- 2 plus years of international travel knowledge with immigration, taxes, social security, local legislation or other related HR service function.
- BA/BS in related field
- Proficient with MS office suite
Why you’ll love working at Siemens:
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.